Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Time Flies

Today I heard of a woman who uses blogging as her personal journal.  I think that's such an awesome idea and I'm going to try it.  Somehow I want to include pictures, but this is a bit high tech for me.

So, to catch up - if you'll notice the date - I am fully recovered from back surgery and back to work full time.  I have committed to take a few days off every 3 months or so, and this next week I get that break.  I can't wait.  We had a lecture in our charge nurse meeting about taking care of ourselves.  I can see that I need this, especially considering my introverted nature.  So, I'll keep updating about how that goes.

Today is Todd's birthday.  His parents came over for dinner and I made him made-from-scratch Snickerdoodle Bundt Cake.  I must say, it rocked.  He had to work, but I took the day off and made sure the house was pleasant and clean when he came home.  He's a good man.  I can't wait to give him his birthday present later (wink, wink).  He is 42.  I'm so happy he found me - that he was born and stayed alive long enough to do it; this was no simple task for him.  Heavenly Father has blessed me with him and I don't want to live in a world where he isn't.

Amelia is in kindergarten.  She is the most spirited, secure little girl.  I think every prayer I say is that she won't lose that - that the world will somehow have no affect on her.  I hope.  She made a card for Todd for his birthday that said even though you're stinky, I still love you.  Happy Birthday.  (Written: yvin no your stnky, i stil luv u, hapy barthday).  She rocks.

I am struggling a bit with working so many hours, that carefree me of previous posts seems so foreign in some ways.  I hope to work on that.

I'm going to start from the beginning with my stories, so that I can have a record of my life this far.  Probably not tonight, though.  American Idol is on, need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment